Sunday, March 30, 2008

And a Hare Krishna to us all!


Earlier this basketball season, my family and a couple of friends attended the Jazz vs. Clippers game. The game was a blast for a few reasons: 1) the company (I heart Brynne and my little sis. Sitting next to them was the best!) 2) It's the Jazz!! Duh! 3) We WON! and 4) The gypsy woman that sat behind us.
Now, I'm not trying to be demeaning, but this woman was honestly one of the most interesting people I have ever seen. You may be thinking, "Wow Rachel, you need to get out more," but she intrigued me.


The best part was that she slept through the majority of the game. I don't quite understand how that's possible (especially since she was sitting on the third row), but she did not budge the entire second half. Anyway, I'm sure she is probably a very kind person, but is certainly interesting to say the least. Oh yeah, and I'm creepy and took pictures so I could remember what she looked like.

I thought I would never see this woman again but was pleasantly surprised when I got a phone call from my little sister telling on Saturday morning. A picture of President Monson at a Jazz vs. Clippers game was on the front page of the newspaper. And guess who else was there (but awake this time)?!! The gypsy woman (bottom right-hand corner). Enough said. I loved it.

Also, I went to the "Festival of Colors" yesterday afternoon at the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish Fork (read more or see more). Although I thought I was going to die during the first five minutes of color-throwing (I couldn't breathe!) i was honestly one of the best events of my college career! Don't miss out next year!

1 comment:

Peter FNFN said...

that's hilarious! ... and you know my cuz - christian! haha. too funny.

one word for gypsy lady.
sexy.
wait, two more words for her...
i do.