
One my most lasting favorite books is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I’m sure a great deal of my love for this story comes from my mother and her enjoyment of such stories from this time period. I remember first watching the six-hour BBC version of Pride and Prejudice with my mom when I was in 6th or 7th grade. I have since seen every movie rendition of this story (except Bride and Prejudice, a "Bollywood" version. It's still on my "to see" list. I also don't count the "Mormon version". that was a HUGE mistake). Although I loved the story, it wasn’t until my sophomore year of high school that I decided to read the actual book. I had been missing out.
I recently decided to re-read the book and loved it even more. The dialogue is clever and hilarious and I love the description and actions of the heroine of the story, Elizabeth Bennett. I feel like I have always been able to relate to
(Note: Reality = Jane Austen never married...Hopefully there's still room for more "Elizabeth Bennetts.")

2 comments:
I own the Mormon version of Pride and Prejudice. I also own the soundtrack! I'm a huge fan of that one! I also love the cameo appearance of Carmen from American Idol season??
I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.
Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.
Post a Comment