Today I was driving home from the Costco in American Fork where I impulsively bought a velour jumpsuit...but that's not the funny part of the story. I was listening to my ipod through an "itrip" and suddenly a nearby car's frequency interfered with mine. I was enjoying a Mates of State song when suddenly a radio talk program (I'm assuming it was a podcast or something since it was on an ipod) came over my radio. I always get excited when this happens because I can usually look around and tell whose car the song (or in this case, radio program) is coming from and it's either a huge surprise or exactly what I expected. Anyway, the program was pretty obscene. It started saying some really vulgar things about sex, etc., but I'll spare you the details. All it really did was make me extremely curious as to who was listening to such a thing alone while driving. Big surprise, some tool with a soul patch rolls us next to me and winks in a HUGE black lifted truck with lady silhouettes in the mud flaps.

It was so pervy and so amazing. I was dying laughing...and was genuinely creeped out. I'm always making a huge deal of those kind of things.
But back to the velour jumpsuit, I've always wanted one (even though I think they're kind of tacky) and I am now finding myself wanting one of every color. They are so comfortable. The cold was the catalyst. Even though I'm obsessed with this rainy fall weather (it is so gorgeous in Provo right now), I sense that it is close to its end. I decided to start pretending now that I like winter to prevent the inevitable depression that comes when January hits and I'm over it. I hate to be one of those people who complains about the weather, no matter how it is, so hopefully the velour suit will help me maintain a positive attitude.
I know this post is all over the place, but I also just wanted to give a shout-out to my good friend Janel. She left for Arizona for 8 months yesterday and I'm going to miss her. I stole this picture from her blog (Mexico, October 2008).

Best of luck!!
1 comment:
Rachel, you are amazing. And I miss you. XOXO
Post a Comment