Monday, August 25, 2008

Top Twenty...but not the radio hits (get ready for a long one)

Ahhh summer...I can't believe how quickly it's flown by. Ever since my Spring classes ended in June, I have not had a care in the world. Other than working, I have had absolutely no obligations. Each day consisted of at least one hour of pool time, a few hours of arts and crafts, and of course, a diet coke run. I also discovered coconut limeades at Sonic and must admit that they are a guilty pleasure.

Some other summer highlights include:

1. Doorbell ditching at the Enclave
2. Listening to "love in this club" and "piece of me" nonstop
3. Sewing. My coworker Tracy and have been making/dying/altering clothes to sell at the Provo Farmer's Market on Saturdays. We cleverly combined our first names and call our brand "Racy Designs." Not the most original idea, but we both couldn't seem to let go of it.
4. Going to natural rock slides in Alpine
5. Braving the rope swing in Mona
6. Playing Mermaids with Natalie
7. Perfecting my diving skills. My brother Kris gave me the best compliment ever when he told me my swan dive looked like Link's from Zelda
8. Falling in love...twice.
9. Actually going into the comic book store, Dragon's Keep. One of my lifetime goals is to be able to say that I work at Dragon's Keep one day a week...but just for the discount
10. Swimming at Spanish Fork Reservoir
11. Teaching hip hop
12. Night bike rides
13. Concerts (Tilly and the Wall, The Devil Whale, Miley Cyrus, Andrew Bird, Nada Surf, Broken Social Scene, and Neko Case this week!)
14. The Olympics. As cliche and cheesy as it sounds, the world really does come together...and I love it.
15. Painting my house...the one I'm not living in anymore. Let me explain...eight of my best friends, close to campus, do whatever we want to it, etc. It fell through, we're all split up. Mostly I'm just glad this memory is over.
16. The weekend trip to Colorado with my parents and Baxter. Baxter and I wrote a hit musical, Colorado is beautiful, my parents are great
17. Hiking Stewart Falls at night. I was pretty sassy because I couldn't see anything, but it was a good time.
18. Sitting in the drive-through line at Taco Bell and telling people what to order
19. Strut Your Mutt with Rachel Sharp
20. Floating down the Provo River for Jessy's birthday.

God bless you summer. I am so ready to be back in a routine though. School starts September 2nd.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sound like you have had a good summer! I miss seeing you. Tell me when you do another hip hop class and I will be there. Also, what is this falling in love twice. Tell me more.

Marye said...

You have such an amazing life rach! sorry for the random post! I found your blog while blog searching! Sometimes I get a on a kick of trying to find old friends! Hope all is well. It seems as though you couldn't be loving life more! Hope all is well. Good luck starting school next week!

Rachel Sharp said...

Strut your Mutt really was so great. I think it changed Scout's whole perspective on life. He have had such a great summer, love ya rach!

Jenna Robert said...

I do love you