My dearest little angel, Jessy is getting married! I am so excited and am loving hearing about all of the happiness, effort, and stress that goes into wedding planning. I had no idea. Congratulations to all of my friends and anyone else who has successfully planned a wedding. It is an incredible feat. All I know about my "someday wedding" is that I will have dolphin ice sculptures and a diet coke fountain. Basically, I'm into anything tacky.
In the midst of all of these wedding bells, I have been contemplating my future life as a mom. I know this is a cliche topic, especially in Mormon culture, but I can't wait to pull off the crap that moms can. Jessy and I talk about this occasionally. Lynsey and I did recently. With my luck, I'll end up having like twelve kids. Here's a glimpse of what you can expect to see from mom-Rachel in about twenty years:
1. Disney sweatshirts
2. Holiday Vests/earrings/brooches/etc
3. Leashes to keep track of the 12 (tribes)...still deciding if that's ok
4. An Astro van
5. Puff-paint crafts/clothes
6. Anything to do with "Twighlight" (even though I REALLY don't like those books, I'm sure I'll get talked into loving it)
7. "Wicked" and Amy Grant Christmas constantly playing throughout my house(I already love them)
8. HUGE PTA involvement
9. Neighborhood "Phantom" at Halloween..(if you're unfamiliar with this neighborhood tradition, it's when families anonymously leave baked goods on a neighbor's porch with a kind of "pass it on" note saying that the Phantom has already visited that family. tons of fun. really exciting. loved it as a kid.)
10. Neighborhood lunches with Relief Society ladies
Really though, I hope to be half the woman my mother is. She is a saint. I love moms and hopefully my twelve-child motherhood will be a success. Maybe I'm being a little idealistic.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You know what... my mom just called me on wednesday and said, "the phantom just came!" Diana loves ding dong ditching!
Seriously I think we are the only people on the planet who are not "Twilight" fans. I couldn't even get through the first book. P.S. The phantom pumpkin paid us a little visit last week - one dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. After devouring one, I threw away the rest, along with the little note. Maybe next year we'll be better Phantoms.
Post a Comment